These developments fall under the umbrella of MyMagic+. The key components of this new program are:
1. A new website and mobile app called My Disney Experience which enable you to:
- Get more information on all Walt Disney World Resort has to offer, from resort hotels and attractions to dining and merchandise.
- Design the overall experience you want, planning as much or as little as you wish.
- Make dining and other reservations and FastPass+ selections.
- Connect with family and friends to coordinate plans and share photos.
2. Disney FastPass+ service. You can select FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences through My Disney Experience before leaving home and make changes on the go.
- For the first time, you will be able to reserve firework and parade viewing areas, shows, Disney Character Greetings and more, in addition to favorite attractions.
- For guests who don’t know where to start, Disney will recommend FastPicks — a set of three FastPass+ selections that serve as a starting point — and give guests the option to customize their selections.
- Disney FastPass+ service is included with theme park admission.
3. MagicBand. Worn on the wrist, the colorful MagicBand uses radio frequency identification, or RFID, technology to store all the vacation choices you make online with My Disney Experience. You can use MagicBand to enter a Disney Resort hotel room, buy food and merchandise, and enter Walt Disney World theme parks and water parks. Plus, the MagicBand provides FastPass+ access to all the experiences selected and serves as the connection to Disney’s PhotoPass.
NOTE: The MagicBand will initially be available to select Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests and guests who purchase other specific products. Other guests will be able to use their standard ticket to access the benefits of MyMagic+, such as making FastPass+ selections on My Disney Experience. Annual Passholders will receive MagicBands without an additional purchase; more details will be mailed to passholders soon.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year - December 18, 2018
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9