I think the beginning of May is a magical time of the year to visit Disney World. Ride closures are uncommon, it’s warm enough to swim at your resort and/or visit the water parks. Crowds start to increase at the end of the month but are lower than during the peak summer months.
Weather in May is usually pretty warm. Summer attire is appropriate.
The average high is just 89 degrees and the average low 65 degrees. There is approximately 3.1 inches of rainfall throughout the entire month.
Remember to always check the for changes but here’s the typical schedule
The Magic Kingdom closes at 10 pretty much the whole month except on days it has Extra Magic Hours.
Hollywood Studios stays open until 8:30 pm at except on days where it has Extra Magic Hours. Animal Kingdom continues to close at 5 pm.
Epcot closes at 9 pm except on days where it has Extra Magic Hours. The park continues to host the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival starts at the beginning of March and will run until mid-May. It is an amazing display of flowers and Disney topiaries and has delicious food from over 20 additional countries. Avoid Epcot on the weekends and choose to visit Monday or Tuesday instead.
Event Dates: March 1, 2017 – May 29, 2017
Event Tickets: Admission to Epcot® required.
Highlights for 2017 currently include:
- Outdoor Kitchens offering delectable small plates, and flavorful non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages—along with new food and refreshment kiosks
- More than 70 world-renowned Disney-themed topiaries—including several original displays just waiting to be found
- World-renowned Disney-themed topiaries – New Characters are waiting to be found!
- Vibrant gardens, flower towers, wildlife habitats and walkways—some being presented for the very first time
- Inspirational exhibits, seminars, how-to demonstrations and all-new farm-to-table dining experiences
- Garden Rocks™ Outdoor Concert Series featuring throwback beats from fan-favorite bands—with an assortment of debuting acts and dining packages
Be sure to plug in your date you check in and get your timetable for all the important dates needed to plan a magical vacation
There’s everything you need to know about visiting Walt Disney World in May.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9