Visiting Walt Disney World in March
Easter falls on the last weekend in March so expect heavy crowds leading up to the last week of the month. If this week is your Spring Break, I would avoid Disney World and instead come the first week you are off in the summer. Crowds won’t be nearly as busy. The week of Easter is one of the busiest weeks of the year so avoid it at all costs.
Spring Break season starts around mid-March and continues into mid-April. The parks see heavy crowds and there aren’t many discounts available because Disney knows people are going to come with or without a discount.
The first 10 days of March see heavy crowds in Epcot as the Flower and Garden Festival usually begins between the 3rd – 5th. If you attend during this time, avoid Epcot on the weekends when the locals come out. Other than that, it is the best time of the month to visit.
The weather is perfect in March. The average high is just 80 degrees and the average low 58 degrees. There is approximately 3.5 inches of rainfall throughout the entire month.
Pack a light jacket and your bathing suit for the hotter part of the day.
Remember to always check the Park Hours for changes but here’s the typical schedule
The Magic Kingdom closes at 8 pm the first 4 or so days of the month. After that, it will see closures as late as 1 am (if it has Extra Magic Hours).
Hollywood Studios stays open until 7 or 8 pm at night. Animal Kingdom continues to close at 5 pm.
Epcot is hosting to the Flower and Garden Festival which will draw heavier crowds especially on the weekends. The park opens at 9 am and closes at 9 pm except on days where it has Extra Magic Hours.
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival starts at the beginning of March and will run until mid May. It is an amazing display of flowers and Disney topiaries and has delicious food from over 20 additional countries. Avoid Epcot on the weekends and choose to visit Monday or Tuesday instead.
Event Dates: March 1 to May 29, 2017
Event Tickets: Admission to Epcot® required.
Discover a springtime event that’s bursting with farm-to-table flavors, brilliant blooms, interactive playgrounds and rocking entertainment!
Highlights for 2017 currently include:
- Outdoor Kitchens offering delectable small plates, and flavorful non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages—along with new food and refreshment kiosks
- More than 70 world-renowned Disney-themed topiaries—including several original displays just waiting to be found
- World-renowned Disney-themed topiaries – New Characters are waiting to be found!
- Vibrant gardens, flower towers, wildlife habitats and walkways—some being presented for the very first time
- Inspirational exhibits, seminars, how-to demonstrations and all-new farm-to-table dining experiences
- Garden Rocks™ Outdoor Concert Series featuring throwback beats from fan-favorite bands—with an assortment of debuting acts and dining packages
Be sure to plug in your date you check in and get your timetable for all the important dates needed to plan a magical vacation
There’s everything you need to know about visiting Walt Disney World in March.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 2018 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages and Dining Plan News - June 22, 2017
- Riley’s top 5 walt Disney rides - June 16, 2017
- Insider Guide to Traveling with Pets - June 15, 2017
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9