Visiting Walt Disney World in April
Easter falls on the last weekend in March so expect heavy crowds the first week of April. The week of Easter is one of the busiest weeks of the year so avoid it at all costs.
Once Spring Break season is over, there is a drop in crowd levels making it one of the best times of the year to visit. Plan your trip around the last week of April and you’ll avoid the crowds and be able to enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.
April has beautiful weather and it is warm enough to bring your bathing suit. The average temperature during the day is 83F. Evenings drop into the mid 60’s. The average rainfall is 2.6 inches, but make sure you pack your ponchos.
Remember to always check the Park Hours for changes but here’s the typical schedule
The Magic Kingdom opens at 9 am and closes at 10 – 11 pm most nights. Evening Extra Magic Hours will see the park open as late as 1 am.
Hollywood Studios is open from 9 am – 8 pm on most days while Animal Kingdom is open from 9 am – 7 pm.
Epcot is hosting to the Flower and Garden Festival which will draw heavier crowds, especially on the weekends. The park opens at 9 am and closes at 9 pm except on days where it has Extra Magic Hours.
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival starts at the beginning of March and will run until mid-May. It is an amazing display of flowers and Disney topiaries and has delicious food from over 20 additional countries. Avoid Epcot on the weekends and choose to visit Monday or Tuesday instead.
Event Dates: March 1, 2017 – May 29, 2017
Event Tickets: Admission to Epcot® required.
Highlights for 2017 currently include:
- Outdoor Kitchens offering delectable small plates, and flavorful non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages—along with new food and refreshment kiosks
- More than 70 world-renowned Disney-themed topiaries—including several original displays just waiting to be found
- World-renowned Disney-themed topiaries – New Characters are waiting to be found!
- Vibrant gardens, flower towers, wildlife habitats and walkways—some being presented for the very first time
- Inspirational exhibits, seminars, how-to demonstrations and all-new farm-to-table dining experiences
- Garden Rocks™ Outdoor Concert Series featuring throwback beats from fan-favorite bands—with an assortment of debuting acts and dining packages
April 20, 2017 – April 23, 2017 – Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side
There’s everything you need to know about visiting Walt Disney World in April.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Florida Residents Save 25% on Disney Cruise! - February 20, 2018
- Great Wolf Lodge Partners with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation This Spring to Raise Funds to Fight Pediatric Cancer - February 19, 2018
- 5 tropical resorts with insane perks. - February 2, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9