When you visit Walt Disney World® Resort with your little ones, it will be a trip filled with special magic you’ll never forget. Here are some helpful tips for traveling with little ones to make your visit, even more magical.
- Little Guests under 3 years of age get free entry into Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks.
- Disney Resort Guests enjoy extended Disney park hours, known as Extra Magic Hours, which offer a rare and unique opportunity to enjoy additional time in Disney Theme Parks—above and beyond the standard operating schedule—at no extra charge.
- Disney FastPass+ service allows Guests to reserve access to select Disney Theme Park experiences before they even arrive so that they can spend less time in line. They can enjoy access to select shows, Character Greetings, and parade and fireworks viewing areas.
Must-Do Attractions and Experiences for Little Ones
Magic Kingdom® Park
Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
•A Rider Swap option is available at select Disney Theme Park attractions. Rider Swap is when Guests take turns waiting with youngsters too small to ride a certain attraction, then “swap” with another adult Guest from their party to experience the ride without standing in line twice. See a Cast Member at the attraction for additional information.
•Single-day and multi-day stroller rentals are available at Disney Theme Parks. Look for the stroller symbol on each Disney Theme Park Guidemap, available at the Park entrance.
•Baby Care Centers can be found in Disney Theme Parks and offer private rooms with rocking chairs for nursing mothers, diaper-changing rooms and rooms with highchairs. Diapers, formula, and teethers are available for purchase. Look for the pacifier symbol on each Disney Theme Park Guidemap, available at the Park entrance.
Little Ones at Disney Resort Hotels
Disney Resort hotels, designed with little ones in mind, offer:
•Pack ‘n Play Playard or crib in each room or available upon request.
•In-room child care for ages 6 months to 12 years—in partnership with independent childcare provider Kids Nite Out.
•Some locations have fun-filled Child Activity Centers for ages 3 to 12.
•Kid-friendly recreation. All Disney Resort hotels feature kiddie pools (in addition to full-size pools) and many have playgrounds. Some even feature kids-only activities.
•Disney’s Magical Express offers complimentary transportation and luggage service from the Orlando International Airport to their Disney Resort.
•Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort enjoy free transportation and free parking at the Theme Parks.
•When staying at a Disney Resort, it’s a short trip back to the room for a nap before returning to the Park to watch fireworks at night!
Dining and Shopping with Little Ones
•Many restaurants at Disney Resort hotels, Disney Theme Parks, and other Disney destinations feature balanced, healthy and fun children’s menus. Some restaurants host Character Dining experiences, which may require advance reservations.
•Visit Disney Springs™ with stores and experiences just for kids, including the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique inside World of Disney, the largest Disney Character store in the World!
•Disney Gifts or souvenirs purchased within Walt Disney World Resort can be delivered to the front of the Theme Park or to a Disney Resort for free.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year - December 18, 2018
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9