One of the most asked questions I get is how to beat the heat when visiting the Walt Disney World Resort in the summer. For many families traveling during the cooler times of the year is just not an option which means that it will undoubtedly be hot during their visit.Make your next trip during the heat of summer more bearable with my Top 5 Ways to Beat the Heat at the Walt Disney World Resort!
- Head Back to the Resort – This is the perfect solution for those with little ones or for those that do not do well in the heat! My family even does this in the fall. We like to get to the park at rope drop and head back to the resort to refresh during the heat of the day with a cool shower, a cat nap and even a dip in the pool! Not only will this help cool you down and refresh you but it will give you a break during the busiest times (12-4pm) and hottest times (12-3pm)!
- Take Advantage of the Numerous Indoor Shows – Cool off in the air conditioning while you enjoy the show! At Magic Kingdom Park you can do this in the Enchanted Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Dumbo the Flying Elephant indoor circus play area and in Enchanted Tales with Belle. Cool off at Splash Mountain & Casey Jr. Epcot we like the area after the Finding Nemo ride. My daughter is entertained by all the Services animals and we’re in a cool dark relaxing building. At Hollywood Studios, I recommend Little Mermaid show. Nice cool and feels like you’re underwater.
- Splash ‘N’ Soak – Get soaked riding Splash Mountain and you are sure to stay cool until your clothes dry! And then throughout the day head over to Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak to cool off with no waiting in line! At Animal Kingdom, you can do the Kali River Rapids but be prepared to get drenched!
- Table Service Meal – Plan a sit-down meal for lunch so you can relax and cool off in an air-conditioned dining location and enjoy a leisurely meal!
- FREE Ice Water – Stay hydrated! Take advantage of the fact that Disney World offers FREE ice water at all quick-service locations.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9