As a travel agent I get asked on a regular basis, “why should I book with a travel agent versus the internet (Travelocity, Expedia, etc.)”. A typical response is, “why wouldn’t you want a one on one approach to your travel needs?” Now many people assume they will get that same customer service with an internet based travel company—that’s not usually the case. Typically you are contacting a call center with hundreds of people who are just order takers and it’s their job to book your trip, not offer advice or listen to your travel needs.
Here are the top 5 reasons why booking with a travel agent will save you money, time and most of all, make your travel experience stress-free:
- A travel agent is your main contact—no need to sit on hold listening to elevator music or wait days (sometimes weeks) for a response to your questions, concerns, requests.
- Building rapport with clients—as a travel agent we know which guest is going to Disney World for the 1st time, celebrating their honeymoon or anniversary, looking for an adventure vacation or a relaxing vacation—its our job to know YOUR needs and wants and make sure those needs are met during your vacation
- Price watching—when a promotion is released, or a discount is offered at a particular resort we hop on it and adjust your vacation package to make sure you are getting the best offer possible
- Confidentiality—rest assured that after your vacation you aren’t going to be inundated with emails or phone calls from third party vendors because your information was sold for marketing purposes by said internet travel company
- Best of all, it is FREE—yes, many people are surprised to learn that travel agents do not charge you, the client, a fee. So when you book with a travel agent, your cost is the same as if you booked direct via the internet but you are getting that hands on, one stop shop customer service—a total bonus for you! And you are supporting a small, local business
The next time you are considering a family vacation to Disney World/Disneyland or Universal Studios, perhaps a family reunion aboard a luxurious cruise ship, a romantic trip to an all inclusive resort or a weekend getaway to Las Vegas and anywhere in between—think about giving your travel agent a chance to help plan your upcoming vacation
As a travel agent, the best part of my job is helping people travel and explore new destinations and create lifelong memories. I am a travel agent with Destinations to Explore specializing in Disney, Universal, cruises & all inclusive resorts.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
- Disney Cruise Vacation Tips: Navigating Your First Cruise - May 17, 2018
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Discount: Save Up To 40% Off - May 3, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9