Spring is here and it’s warming up a bit, so we’re on the lookout for the most refreshing Disneyland Resort libations (that don’t involve alcohol). After we got a taste of the creative PB&J soda at Carnation Cafe, we figured that sips have moved far beyond plain sodas.
Here are our Top 10 favorites. Do you have one to add to the list?
- PB&J Soda, Carnation Cafe, Disneyland park – A tall, fizzy concoction that looks like a grape soda but has a delicious backbeat of peanut butter. We didn’t think we’d like it, but one sip and we wanted more. And more.
- Boysen Apple Freeze, Fantasy Faire, Disneyland park – The newest treat, and we said “Boysen apple,” not “poison apple,” Snow White! Icy and apple-juice sweet with a hint of wild berry and passion fruit foam topping.
- Dole Whip Float, Tiki Juice Bar, Disneyland park – The classic; it’s a must-have every time we visit. If we’re super thirsty, we start with a tall glass of straight pineapple juice so we can savor the float.
- Root Beer Float, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor, Disneyland park – When it’s parade time, you’ll find us curbside with this treat. And trust us, you won’t find root beer just anywhere.
- Caramel Macchiato, Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe, Disneyland park – When we need a picker-upper, this sweet jolt of caffeine does the trick.
- Rose Petal Soda, Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge, Disney California Adventure park – Completely different, this artisan drink features locally sourced, purified sparkling water flavored with delicate rose essence and garnished with an edible, sugar-glazed organic rose petal. Very chi-chi for sipping.
- Ramone’s Pear of Dice Soda, Cozy Cone Motel, Disney California Adventure park – Start with Sprite, add a hint of desert pear and Mojito gourmet flavor, lots of ice and stir. Like biting into a juicy pear.
- Mango Madness, Schmoozies, Disney California Adventure park – This is a meal in a cup: mangoes, peaches, bananas and low-fat yogurt blended with orange, pineapple, guava and passion fruit juices. Sweet and satisfying.
- Quake Shake, Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, Disney California Adventure park – Throw caution (and calories) to the wind when you order this; it’s worth every sip! Our preferred version of this shake involves one full chocolate bar blended with peanut butter and vanilla ice cream. There are six different versions to choose from if peanut butter isn’t your choice!
- Twisted Cheshire Concoctions, Mad T Party, Disney California Adventure park – There are lots of drink choices at the party, but our preference is the Hatter’s Mandarin Fury, a frozen slurry flavored with mandarin oranges. Sip slowly or it’s brain freeze!
Top 10 Favorite Cool Drinks at the Disneyland Resort by Pam Brandon: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
- Disney Cruise Vacation Tips: Navigating Your First Cruise - May 17, 2018
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Discount: Save Up To 40% Off - May 3, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9