In January 2003, Disney California Adventure park guests first journeyed to Agrabah with “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular.” Ten years later, more than 12 million guests have seen the show, and it’s still going strong! To celebrate this milestone, I’ve got some interesting numbers to share with you from this unique show.
- There are more than 100 performers in the show’s company.
- As many as 35 cast members perform in the show each day.
- There are 18 scene changes during each performance.
- More than 40 wireless microphones are used in each performance.
- There are 48 pieces of scenery on the stage, weighing more than 60,000 pounds.
- The Hyperion Theater, where the show is performed, houses more than 600 conventional light fixtures and 90 moving lights.
And of course, there’s only one magical Genie! What is your favorite part of “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular”? Let us know in the comments!
Look below for more updates from Disney California Adventure park:
- Rainy Day Reflections at Disney California Adventure Park
- Eight Ways to Enjoy Disney California Adventure Park: A Shopper’s Paradise
- Celebrating ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ at Carthay Circle in Disney California Adventure Park
This Month in Disney History: ‘Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular’ Opens at Disney California Adventure Park by Erin Glover: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year - December 18, 2018
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9