Sailing the Mediterranean with Disney Cruise Line in 2014
Yesterday I shared some pretty exciting news … Disney Cruise Line will once again be sailing the Mediterranean in 2014, home porting in both Venice, Italy, and Barcelona, Spain, with brand new destinations and a wide variety of cruise lengths.
<img alt=“Mickey Mouse in Venice, Italy” src=”http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/1vma117846SMALL.jpg” title=”Mickey Mouse in Venice, Italy” class=”aligncenter” width=”550″ height=”367″ />
It will be the first time we’ve departed from Venice, not only giving guests the chance to stay overnight in this charming city during the cruise, but also the option to see more of the Greek Isles than ever before.
<img alt=“Visit Rhodes and Olympia With Disney Cruise Line” src=”http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/1vma227846SMALL.jpg” title=”Visit Rhodes and Olympia With Disney Cruise Line” class=”aligncenter” width=”550″ height=”367″ />
The new 9-night Venice to Greek Isles cruise stops at four ports in Greece (Katakolon, Piraeus, Rhodes and Mykonos) plus Kusadasi, Turkey, before returning to Venice for an overnight stay. Check out this video showcasing some of what you may see on this cruise:
Other European options available next summer include:
- 4-night cruise from Barcelona with two stops in Spain (Palma, Mallorca and Ibiza)
- 5- and 7-night cruises from Barcelona to France (Villefranche) and Italy (La Spezia and Civitavecchia, plus Naples on the 7-night itinerary)
- 12-night cruises from Barcelona to France (Villefranche), Italy (La Spezia and Civitavecchia), Greece (Piraeus and Mykonos), Turkey (Kusadasi) and Malta (Valletta)
- 12-night cruises from Barcelona to France (Villefranche), Italy (La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Naples and Venice), Croatia (Dubrovnik) and Malta (Valletta)
- 12-night cruises from Barcelona (ending in Venice) to France (Villefranche), Italy (La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Naples, Catania and Venice), Greece (Corfu) and Croatia (Dubrovnik)
- 12-night cruises from Venice (ending in Barcelona) to Greece (Piraeus, Rhodes, Heraklion, Mykonos and Santorini), Turkey (Kusadasi) and Malta (Valleta)
I hope this information helps as you begin planning your 2014 summer vacation. Now that you have more details, which itinerary are you leaning toward choosing for your family?
Sailing the Mediterranean with Disney Cruise Line in 2014 by Jonathan Frontado: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9