By now I hope you have heard about the Dopey Challenge and the Walt Disney World 10K that we will be kicking off next January as a part of the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna. In addition to new medals for those races, new medals are currently being designed for the half marathon, marathon and Goofy Challenge. But we also have more good news coming as a part of our flagship runDisney weekend. In an effort to make sure runDisney events provide the best possible experience for our guests, the team will be introducing the following changes for the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend:
- We are reducing the number of runners that we are registering for the weekend, in an effort to allow more space on the course.
- We are asking the vast majority of our runners to provide proof of time (if they have it), so we can accurately place runners of the same pace in the same corral.
- We are adding additional corrals, with fewer people in each corral, to spread the runners across the course.
- We are keeping the marathon course that was introduced last year for the 20th anniversary.
- And we will now be offering women’s cut tech shirts (in addition to the men’s cut) for the 10K, half, full, Dopey Challenge and Goofy Challenge.
This year promises to be the best marathon weekend ever! And no matter what distance you are running – from 5K to the 48.6 miles of the Dopey Challenge – we are working hard to make every mile magical.
Registration opens today at noon EDT for all Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events. Dopey is off and running; are you?
runDisney Announces Enhancements for Runners as Registration Opens for the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Presented by Cigna by Faron Kelley: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Disney Cruise Vacation Tips: Navigating Your First Cruise - May 17, 2018
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Discount: Save Up To 40% Off - May 3, 2018
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Spend Your Spring at Universal Orlando Resort - April 26, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9