In a tribute to True Love Week, we’re showcasing 13 romantic places at the Disneyland Resort, hoping you’ll discover them this week for a special date, and enjoy them all year long. Some are classics and some may surprise you.
At Disney California Adventure park:
- Two seats in the balcony of Hyperion Theatre: Great for holding hands and watching “Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular,” starring Jasmine and Prince Ali.
- A booth at Flo’s V8 Café: Arrive just before dusk and watch the fun on Radiator Springs Racers as you sip a soda, with two straws.
- Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge: A terrace table overlooking Buena Vista Street at dusk captures the romance of a bygone era, a perfect match for a delicious meal with wine pairings.
- “World of Color”: Many a kiss has occurred during the “Love” sequence of this nighttime water show on Paradise Bay. The sequence features some of Disney’s romantic film couples.
At Disneyland park:
- Sleeping Beauty Castle: Day in and day out, this one of the most popular places for a future groom to drop to one knee and ask for the hand of his fair princess.
- Hungry Bear Restaurant: A table by the water offers a quiet spot for an important question or a sweetheart photo.
- Blue Bayou: Be sure to reserve your table early at this popular restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean, and speak with a manager to assist in coordinating a special moment or table-service dinner proposal. (Cast members are a great resource at any of the Disneyland Resort table service restaurants.)
- Snow White Grotto (next to Sleeping Beauty Castle): Making a wish is a romantic notion, and it’s even dreamier at this special wishing well.
- Mark Twain Riverboat: How could your true love resist a nighttime ride on a riverboat, with twinkling lights, the splash of a paddle wheel, and a view that stretches across Frontierland and New Orleans Square?
- Court des Anges, New Orleans Square: One of the most beautiful places at the Disneyland Resort, the “Court of Angels” is a secluded courtyard with a winding staircase – an ideal spot for photos.
At Disneyland Resort hotels:
- Napa Rose patio: Dinner at Napa Rose can be romantic from any seat. Grab two spots around the firepit, on the patio just outside the lobby, and enjoy appetizers with a glass of wine on a starry evening.
- Fairy Tale Suite at the Disneyland Hotel: The décor and magical touches, fit for royalty, are a dream come true for your special occasion.
- Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden: Often the site of weddings, the garden is also alluring for a romantic stroll, with more than 800 lovely rose bushes.
What’s your favorite romantic place at Disneyland Resort?
Romantic Places at the Disneyland Resort by Michele Himmelberg: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9