- It was something my son and I did together, and we both had fun.
- It was a great way to recycle some old newspapers. It makes a really cute gift for your little one to give to Grandma for Easter. And my favorite reason, 4. My heart melted when my son told me he wanted me to have it because it would look so pretty on my wrist. xoxoxo
- It makes a really cute gift for your little one to give to Grandma for Easter. And my favorite reason,
- My heart melted when my son told me he wanted me to have it because it would look so pretty on my wrist. xoxoxo
- The only bad part about this project: It takes a few days to complete it because you have lots of drying time…..
Once you get this beautiful mush, you want to drain out the water. You can do this using a colander if you want, however, I found it was easier to take handfuls, squeeze the water out, and then put it in another bowl. When the excess water is out, mix in some Elmer’s glue to help hold the paper together. Just guess on the amount. I used about 8 pages of paper and maybe 1/4 bottle of Elmers. There is really no exact science to this part. Heres my warning: Your hands are going to be black when you are done!! Don’t worry, though, it washes off, but be careful not to get it on your clothes. I also suggest washing your pot as soon as you are finished because the inside will be covered in black also (don’t worry, it washes out).
Here is the rough part: Once you get your beads all shaped, put them on a piece of aluminum foil or wax paper and wait for them to dry. Its gonna take two to three days for them to dry out completely. I hate waiting, but ya gotta do it. When they have completely dried out, it will be pretty obvious cause they will be super light.
Now that the beads are dry, drill a hole thru each bead. Then you can either paint them as they are, or you can sand them down a little with sandpaper or an emery board. The will not be perfectly smooth; they actually have a natural rock kinda look. They would probably look pretty cool painted to look like turquoise or something. But my kids just went crazy painting all different colors 🙂 Hint: You may want to put a wire thru the beads before you paint them or you may paint the holes shut. Not a big deal, just makes it a little harder to find the holes when you string them.
After the paint has dried, spray them with a gloss finish, string them, add a hook, and wear them!!
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9