Before my family and I moved to be closer to the Mouse, we used to visit Walt Disney World Resort at least once, sometimes many times per year. But for those who make this their happy place, each trip can be completely different than the last. Disney Parks Moms Panelist Bernie Edwards is a frequent pixie dust flyer – with trips to Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disney Cruise Line and more. And that was just in the past two years. Wow!
Bernie is known to friends and family as the “Disney Guy.” He says, “In my opinion, a frequent visitor has done the usual things and is looking for something special or unique.”
Here are Bernie’s ideas for a different twist on your Disney Parks stay:
- Attend a special event. There are so many events going on all year-round, so look for an event to which you’ve never been. Bernie says to try out Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party or Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Take a backstage tour to see how Disney “creates the magic.” “My favorite is Backstage Magic. I loved getting on the floor and looking underneath a Tower of Terror ride vehicle to see how it works.”
- Enjoy a fireworks cruise. “I love the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage. It is a fabulous activity for the whole family. Watching the fireworks from the Seven Seas Lagoon gives you a completely different perspective.”
- Spend a day away from the parks. “Do something at Fort Wilderness, go fishing on Bay Lake or the Seven Seas Lagoon, or go parasailing. It’s one of my oldest son’s favorite things to do at Walt Disney World Resort, period.”
- Look for something you have never done before, whether it is dining in a particular restaurant or trying out an attraction that you just never wanted to do in the past.
What is something you want to try for the first time on your next Disney Parks vacation?
Read on for more from the Disney Parks Moms Panel:
- Moms Panel Monday: I Do… at Disney Parks
- Moms Panel Monday: Romance, Hearts and Mouse Ears!
- Moms Panel Monday: Vanna!
Moms Panel Monday: There’s Always Something New to See at Disney Parks by Laura Spencer: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9