While many of us celebrate the New Year on January 1, the Lunar New Year is usually between late January and early February, determined by the cycles and phases of the moon. Best known as “Chinese New Year,” Lunar New Year is also celebrated by the Vietnamese and Korean cultures, and is a time for big festivities.
Disney California Adventure park is joining in the fun with the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration, part of “Limited Time Magic” from February 8-11, with the eateries in Pacific Wharf adding Asian-inspired treats. Lucky Fortune Cookery is adding chicken and veggie pot stickers and pork spare riblets with char siu sauce to its menu, as well as ginger milk tea (a delicious new creation by the Disney chefs) and mini-almond cookies.
Pacific Wharf Café is adding a barbecued pork bao roll, a traditional Chinese steamed bun, along with ginger milk tea and almond cookies. And their popular Chinese chicken salad in a sourdough bowl fits the bill, too.
The San Francisco cart adds the barbecued pork bao roll, edamame, almond cookies and ginger milk tea, while the Boudin Bread Cart is offering a giant loaf of sourdough shaped like a snake, for “the year of the snake.”
Pacific Palisades Coffee Cart is adding ginger milk tea, edamame and almond cookies, while Rita’s Baja Blenders will offer Tsing Tao beer. Try a little of everything to celebrate lively Asian flavors and a different tradition this year. Happy Lunar New Year!
- Continuing the Golden Horseshoe Legacy with ‘A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue’ at Disneyland Park
- Get a Taste of the Big Easy During New Orleans Bayou Bash! at Disneyland Park
- Interview with Original ‘Golden Horseshoe Revue’ and Disneyland Opening Day Choreographer Miriam Nelson
‘Limited Time Magic’ Brings Delicious Treats for Happy Lunar New Year Celebration to Disney California Adventure Park by Pam Brandon: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year - December 18, 2018
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9