Get a taste of colonial America with hearty fare inspired by 18th-century recipes while dining in one of 6 historically-themed rooms honoring American heroes such as Benjamin Franklin at Liberty Tree Tavern
We have eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner many times and love the family style Thanksgiving type meal. This year we decided to try something different we decided to do a table service for lunch. We usually reserve a table service for dinner but thought we test out this different menu.
My mom and daughter both got the New England Pot Roast. My daughters came off of the kids menu but as you can see from the pictures it was pretty much the same as the adult meal. I honestly can’t remember whos is whos in these pictures. LOL Both thoroughly enjoyed this meal my daughter cleared her plate.
New England Pot Roast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3-4 pounds of boneless beef shoulder roast or arm roast
1 stick of butter
2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced celery
2 cups diced onion
2 cups fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped garlic, fresh or prepared
2 tablespoons thyme
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 cups beef broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat ¼ cup oil in heavy pan, browning the meat on each side.
- Remove the meat and add butter. After butter has melted, add carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. Cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in the flour, and continue cooking until flour is lightly browned.
- Stir in beef broth. Add the meat back into the pan
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes to 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
You may find that it takes longer for the meat to fall apart depending on the cut. Serve with mashed potatoes. I have also made this in the crock pot adding potatoes with excellent results. The recipe I found calls for a cup of burgundy wine but my New England Pot Roast is delicious without it.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9