‘IllumiNations’ Marks 25 Years at Epcot
The 12-minute, three-part show takes place on World Showcase Lagoon and tells the history of our planet through music, fireworks, lighted torches, and more.
The nighttime show originally debuted at the park January 30, 1988, as a replacement for “Laserphonic Fantasy.” (Check out this blast from the past in the photo above). Over the years, two special versions of the show have been created. “IllumiNations 25” debuted for the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 1996, while “IllumiNations 2000: Reflections of Earth” launched in 1999 in honor of the upcoming millenium celebration. The most current version of the show, which can be seen at the park nightly, is “Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.”
What are your favorite memories of the show? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.
Read these posts for more updates from Epcot:
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Brings Perennial Favorites, New Faces From HGTV
- A Visit to Northwest Mercantile in the Canada Pavilion at Epcot
- Canada’s Le Cellier Steakhouse at Epcot Goes to All-Day Menu
‘IllumiNations’ Marks 25 Years at Epcot by Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Florida Residents Save 25% on Disney Cruise! - February 20, 2018
- Great Wolf Lodge Partners with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation This Spring to Raise Funds to Fight Pediatric Cancer - February 19, 2018
- 5 tropical resorts with insane perks. - February 2, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9