The Minions movie hit the theaters earlier this month with one of the cutest movies I’ve seen in a long time.
As part of the celebration, you can enjoy Minions products throughout Universal Studios Florida, including The Minion Brownie Cupcake. That’s right: we’ve combined a brownie with a cupcake for a delicious treat!
You can purchase these cuties at Boulangerie Café at the front of Universal Studios and at the Café in front of Lombard’s Landing restaurant in the San Francisco area, also located in Universal Studios.
But, if you’re like me, you might be dreaming of these sweet treats and can’t seem to make it to the park right this minute. Well, have no fear—here is a video and recipe guide to decorating your own Minion Brownie Cupcake!
The complete recipe is below, but here is a quick decoration step-by-step.
First, make the minion face by stirring confectioners sugar, corn syrup and milk together in medium size pan until smooth, heat the mixture on low heat until the mixture is smooth and glossy, add in yellow food coloring until bright yellow. NOTE: For icing, you can also buy pre-made buttercream icing, slightly melt it, then add yellow food coloring.
Dip the large marshmallows in the glossy icing mixture, coating the entire marshmallow. Set all the marshmallows aside to dry on cooling rack.
Once mostly dry, place in your hair pieces, made with cooled chocolate, before fully dry.
Pipe white frosting into the center of your eye. Then, using the melted chocolate piping bag, dot a pupil on the eye and give your minion a big smile!
Finally, swirl the blue frosting onto the cupcake around the edge, and place the marshmallow on top.
Check out detailed instructions below and enjoy!
- 12 dense brownie cupcakes (baked from a boxed brownie mix)
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 10 oz bag chocolate chips, melted
- Yellow food coloring
- Black food coloring
- White food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- 5 cups of buttercream frosting (or, on average, one recipe of homemade buttercream frosting)
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 large star cake decorating tip
- 3 small /fine point cake decorating tips
- 4 cake decorating bags
- Cookie/cake cooling rack
- Parchment paper
• Place melted chocolate in cake decorating bag fitted with fine point decorating tip. Pipe small squiggle lines on parchment paper and place sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until firm.
• Place 1 cups of plain white buttercream frosting into a decorating bag fit with a small tip.
• Mix 2 cups of buttercream frosting with blue food coloring until light blue. Place in decorating bag fitted with large star tip.
• Mix 1 cup of buttercream frosting with black and white food coloring until grey, and place into a decorating bag with a small tip.
• Stir confectioners sugar, corn syrup and milk together in medium size pan until smooth, heat the mixture on low heat until the mixture is smooth and glossy, add in yellow food coloring until bright yellow. NOTE: You can also buy a few cans of pre-made buttercream icing and add yellow food coloring into slightly heated and melting icing.
• Dip the large marshmallows in the glossy icing mixture, coating the entire marshmallow. Set all the marshmallows aside to dry on cooling rack.
• Once mostly dry, place in hair pieces before fully dry.
• Once marshmallow is fully dry, pipe two close circles of grey icing (or one if you are making Stuart) on the marshmallow for your minions eyes.
• Pipe white frosting into the center of your eyes.
• Using melted chocolate piping bag, dot pupils on the eyes and give your minion a big smile!
• Swirl the blue frosting onto the cupcake around the edge, and place the marshmallow on top.
The post How To Make An Adorable (And Delicious) Minion Brownie Cupcake appeared first on Close Up.
Latest posts by Universal Orlando (see all)
- Make Your Plans for Rock the Universe – Tickets On Sale Now - May 16, 2018
- Voodoo Doughnut is Now Officially Open at Universal CityWalk - May 4, 2018
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort 101: Top FAQs - March 12, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9