Disney introduced its FASTPASS ride reservation system in 1999 as a way to moderate the high wait times at some of its headliner attractions. A new version of FASTPASS, called FastPass+ (“FastPass Plus”), completely replaced the old system in January 2014.
FastPass+ is a ride reservation system. It is designed to moderate wait times at popular attractions. Understanding how to use FastPass+ is important, especially if you want to experience lots of attractions or are unable to arrive at park opening.
FastPass+ is like making a dinner reservation at a restaurant, it allows you to make a reservation to ride an attraction at a Disney theme park. You can request a specific time, such as 5:30 PM, or you can let the FastPass+ system give you its “first available” reservation.
Each FastPass+ reservation lasts for an hour. Thus, if you make a FastPass+ reservation to ride Slash Mountain at 5:30 PM, you have until 6:30 PM to use it, or change it to something else. Just like a restaurant reservation, your FastPass+ may be canceled if you don’t show up on time. (In practice, you can usually be up to 5 minutes early or 15 minutes late to use your FastPass+ reservation.
There is no charge to use FastPass+ — it comes free with park admission to everyone, including guests not staying at a Disney-owned resort.
Disney only offers FastPass+ at select attractions, and for some attractions, FastPass+ is only offered during busy times of year. Specific FastPass+ information for each theme park is linked below. Theme Park FastPass+
Making a FastPass+ Reservation
Guests staying at a Disney Resort Hotel can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days before their trips through Disney’s website and My Disney Experience app. You’ll need an existing Disney resort reservation and a theme park ticket in hand to do this. Annual Passholders who are not staying in a Disney Resort Hotel may make FastPass+ reservations up to 30 days in advance but may hold only 7 days of active reservations at a time. Both Passholders and Resort Hotel Guests can also use the app to make FastPass+ changes while in the park.
If you are not staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, if you buy your admission the day you arrive at the parks, or if you want to change your FastPass+ selections when you’re in the park, you can use new in-park computer terminals to make or alter same-day reservations.
FastPass+ terminals can be found at the following locations. Because they’re mobile, Disney occasionally moves around underutilized kiosks to see if guests can better find them. If you don’t see one around, as the nearest Cast Member for the closest location.
Magic Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
- At Guest Relations at City Hall on Main Street
- In the Town Square Theater on Main Street
- Near The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Liberty Square
- In the brick building outside the exit to Hall of Presidents, in Liberty Square
- Outside Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Fantasyland
- At the Storybook Circus FastPass+ area, across from The Barnstormer in Fantasyland
- At Splash Mountain’s FastPass+ area, just past the entrance, in Frontierland
Epcot FastPass+ Kiosks
- Outside the Mission: SPACE entrance
- At the Soarin’ entrance, downstairs at The Land pavilion
- At Guest Relations in Future World
- At the digital “tip board” in the middle of Future World Plaza (behind Spaceship Earth and the Future World fountain)
- At the International Gateway entrance to the park
- In the Future World West walkway, on the way to The Land pavilion
Disney’s Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Kiosks
- At the FastPass+ service center, immediately to the left once you get past the entrance turnstiles
- At the “wait times” board on the corner of Hollywood and Sunset boulevards
- Outside Voyage of The Little Mermaid, in Animation Courtyard
- Outside the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror entrance
- At Guest Relations outside the park
Disney’s Animal Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Primeval Whirl
- In front of the Disney Outfitters store on Discovery Island
- In front of the FastPass+ Service Center near Creature Comforts on Discovery Island
Returning to Ride with FastPass+
Each FastPass+ reservation lasts for an hour, and Disney officially enforces the ride return time. Thus, if you make a FastPass+ reservation to ride Space Mountain at 7:30 PM, you have until 8:30 PM to use it, or change it to something else. Just like a restaurant reservation, your FastPass+ may be canceled if you don’t show up on time. (In practice, you can usually be up to 5 minutes early or 15 minutes late to use your FastPass+ reservation.)
When you return to Space Mountain at the designated time, you’ll be directed to a separate, shorter “FastPass+ Return” line. Before you enter the line, you’ll need to validate your reservation by touching your MagicBand or RFID ticket to an RFID reader at the FastPass+ Return entrance. Once that’s done, you’ll proceed with minimal waiting to the attraction’s preshow or boarding area.
Magic Kingdom FastPass+ Attractions
- Ariel’s Grotto
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Celebrate the Magic
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- The Haunted Mansion
- it’s a small world
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse Meet and Greet
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
FastPass+ users can choose 3 or 4 of the attractions above on most days. Unlike Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Magic Kingdom does not “tier” their FastPass+ attractions.
Epcot’s Tiered FastPass+ Attractions
The first thing to note about Epcot is that it’s FastPass+ attractions, like the Fastpass+ attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, are grouped (or “tiered”), and Disney limits how many FastPass+ reservations you can make for each group. Here’s the tiering:
Group A (Choose 1 attraction)
- Epcot Character Spot
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Test Track
Group B (Choose 2 attractions)
- Captain EO
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tiered FastPass+ Attractions
The Studios offers FastPass+ at 12 attractions throughout the year and more during holidays. Like Epcot, the Studios restricts the number of FastPass+ reservations you can have at its headliner attractions. With FastPass+, you can select 1 attraction from Group A and 2 attractions from Group B:
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Mania!
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage!
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special (Seasonal)
- The Great Movie Ride
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
FastPass+ Attractions at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
These attractions have FastPass+ at the Animal Kingdom:
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade
- Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade (Seasonal)
- Primeval Whirl
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Disney Cruise Vacation Tips: Navigating Your First Cruise - May 17, 2018
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Discount: Save Up To 40% Off - May 3, 2018
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Spend Your Spring at Universal Orlando Resort - April 26, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9