UPDATE: Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at WDW.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.
UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Princess Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up and Warm-Up, and we appreciate your quick responses. By 4 p.m. ET, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at WDW.SportsMeetUps@disney.com. By 5 p.m. ET, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Gidus and Galloway, they will be available at the upcoming Princess Half Marathon Weekend Health and Fitness Expo. For more information, and additional Galloway and Gidus training details, please visit www.runDisney.com.
Planned for Friday, February 22 at Walt Disney World Resort, the early morning running event will celebrate the inner princess in all our runners, as well as share training and health tips.
Actor and running enthusiast Sean Astin (“Rudy,” “The Goonies,” “The Lord of the Rings”) is planning to attend, along with fitness star Ali Vincent (“The Biggest Loser”), runDisney’s official training consultant Jeff Galloway and dietitian Tara Gidus.
Two celebrated runners will also be on hand, with defending Princess Half champion and back-to-back Disneyland Half winner Rachel Booth, along with two-time Paralympic track and field medalist April Holmes.
Space is limited. RSVPs should be sent to WDW.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only a limited number of qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
Our Meet-up/Tweet-ups have become wildly successful and each time the response has been overwhelming. Our goal for these events is to reward our faithful runDisney social media followers with a really cool morning of running – with the hopes that they will tweet, post and blog all about it, and continue to grow our runDisney fans. So if you haven’t been following us, now is the perfect time to add @runDisney to your list.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All selected participants must be available for a 7 a.m. ET start time on Friday, February 22.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid photo ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Limit to one RSVP per individual. Applicants sending RSVP s from more than one email address will be disqualified.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual/celebrity appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we require that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace (qualified).
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email by 4 p.m. ET today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected applicants. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.
Fairytales to Come True at Princess Half Marathon Meet-Up by Faron Kelley: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year - December 18, 2018
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9