Exploring Costa Rica with Adventures by Disney: Part 2
As much as I love nature and wildlife, the second half of my Adventures by Disney trip to Costa Rica appealed to another side of me – the thrill-seeking side! After a couple of amazing days in Tortuguero, we moved to the region near the Arenal volcano, one of the more active volcanoes in the world.
As a seasoned traveler, I’ve experienced a variety of zipline courses but the course in Arenal featured some of the highest, longest and fastest zips I’ve ever enjoyed. What impressed me the most (besides the incredible views) was the way the staff on the zipline course interacted with our junior adventurers – very pleasant and accommodating.
Just when you thought the day couldn’t get any better, it did, with a visit to the Hidalgo Hot Springs. This collection of thermal-heated pools provided the perfect respite after an action-packed day.
The next day we headed off for white water rafting down the Rio Sarapiqui. The river cuts through the La Paz Rainforest and features Class II-III rapids. Our raft captain, Maurico, was an absolute delight – he not only kept us laughing the whole way down the river, but he had an eagle-eye and helped us find an abundance of wildlife.
With the trip complete, I’ll share some final thoughts from my Adventures by Disney trip to Costa Rica in my next update.
See the posts below for more information on Adventures by Disney:
- Exploring Costa Rica with Adventures by Disney
- Inside Look at Costa Rica with Adventures by Disney
- Adventures by Disney Experiences on a Disney Cruise to Alaska
Exploring Costa Rica with Adventures by Disney: Part 2 by Jason Lasecki: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Florida Residents Save 25% on Disney Cruise! - February 20, 2018
- Great Wolf Lodge Partners with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation This Spring to Raise Funds to Fight Pediatric Cancer - February 19, 2018
- 5 tropical resorts with insane perks. - February 2, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9