Disney Parks After Dark: Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris
Did you know that at Disneyland Paris, this attraction actually sits on an island in the middle of the Rivers of the Far West in the park’s Frontierland? And the attraction also features a cool storyline that ties it to the nearby Phantom Manor, the park’s version of the Haunted Mansion. According to the legend, Henry Ravenswood, proprietor of Thunder Mesa Mining Company, made a fortune in gold mining on Big Thunder Mountain – only the mountain held a curse that Ravenswood ignored. He used part of his wealth to build a Manor nearby and later met his demise in an earthquake. The Manor would later be a site for another tragedy, when the groom of Ravenswood’s daughter, Melanie, met his death on their wedding day.
I don’t know about you, but I think Big Thunder Mountain Railroad sure looks spooky at night!
- Disney Parks After Dark: Nighttime Visit to Space Mountain: Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris
- Disney Parks After Dark: Night Into Day at Disneyland Resort
- Disney Parks After Dark: Disney Dreams at Disneyland Paris
Disney Parks After Dark: Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris by Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Portable North Pole 2017 Discount - November 29, 2017
- Holiday Discounts At Disney Springs Hotels - November 1, 2017
- Save up to 25% on Rooms at select WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort Hotels! - October 6, 2017
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9