Hello from the Caribbean! Right now, I’m on a Disney Magic cruise that departed from Galveston, Texas, last Saturday. Hopefully you’ve been following along on Twitter, joining the #DCLTexas fun with @DisneyCruise.
Yesterday we hit up our first destination, the charming Cayman Islands, where we tendered at Georgetown, Grand Cayman. With the view I had from the ship that morning, I knew it was going to be a good day.
After being greeted by the islanders, we hopped on a bus with a friendly tour guide who gave us a rundown of the sites (including the many banks) as we drove to Hell and back. Despite the name of this unique limestone formation, the gift shop staff was very friendly and welcoming, even decorating visitors’ passports with an official stamp from Hell.
Next stop was the turtle farm where we held the cutest little sea turtles! I think I even spotted Crush calling out for Squirt.
Last, but certainly not least, we hopped on a boat to the world-famous, and breathtakingly beautiful, Stingray City! There’s nothing like getting a back massage in the middle of the crystal clear ocean, especially from a slimy sea creature!
Today we’re stopped in Cozumel, which I can’t wait to explore. I’ll check back in with you later. Hasta la vista!
Check out these posts for more updates from Disney Cruise Line:
- Disney VoluntEARS Spend ‘A Day at the Beach’ to Help Keep Florida’s Coastline Clean
- Disney Cruise Line Prepares for 2013 Summer in Alaska
- Disney Cruise Line Voyage Report: Texas to Western Caribbean
Disney Cruise Line Voyage Report: Adventures in Grand Cayman by Holly Lail: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
- Disney Cruise Vacation Tips: Navigating Your First Cruise - May 17, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9