It is no secret by now that our voyages to Alaska offer some of the most amazing Port Adventures available in our entire portfolio, worldwide. Every year we search for new ways to excite our guests and help them discover the rich culture and diversity of our ports of call.
For our 2013 summer season, we’ve added two new Port Adventures from Ketchikan to Annette Island, home to the only native reservation in Alaska. These excursions, which offer a rare glimpse of a working village, will immerse guests in the culture of the Tsimshian people, whose ancestors followed Anglican missionary William Duncan in ocean-going canoes to settle on this rugged uninhabited island in 1887.
Disney Cruise Line guests on the Exclusive Annette Island Native Discovery will tour Father Duncan’s Church and Cottage (a museum), hear interesting stories of the village’s totem poles, explore local arts and crafts, and see a local native dance group perform traditional and contemporary dance ceremonies in their clan house.
The Annette Island Cultural Celebration with Family Activity excursion offers guests even more immersion with a unique hands-on experience. Families will construct their very own drum and learn how Tsimshian people teach youngsters about their ancestors using drum beats, song and dance.
What’s more, on the catamaran cruise to Annette Island, guests have yet another opportunity to view some of Alaska’s wildlife, like seals, eagles and dolphins, just to name a few. Hidden gems such as Annette Island are yet another reason why when the ship is in port, you must venture ashore!
Check out these posts to learn more about voyages to Alaska with Disney Cruise Line:
- Explore Alaska’s Wildlife with Disney Cruise Line
- Join Donald Duck and Pan for Gold in Skagway, Alaska, with Disney Cruise Line
- Donald Duck’s Adventures in Alaska with Disney Cruise Line
Discover Alaska’s Annette Island with Disney Cruise Line by Arnaldo Zanonato: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9