Sharing the magic in our communities is part of our legacy and culture, and this month Disney VoluntEARS are celebrating 30 years of serving kids and families.
The Disney VoluntEARS program dates back to the Disneyland Resort where, in 1983, a group of cast members formed a team focused on community service. Today, cast members around the world donate their time and expertise to make the world a happier place. Special activities will take place around the world and throughout the month, but here’s a look at some of this week’s festivities honoring this milestone anniversary.
- At the Disneyland Resort, thousands of cast members participated in the VoluntEARS’ anniversary kick-off celebration that showcased 10 local non-profit organizations to highlight some of the ways that VoluntEARS are benefitting the community. There were even opportunities for cast members to lend a hand – from helping the Orange County Food Bank prepare bags of fresh produce for local families to making blankets for women receiving assistance from MOMS Orange County.
- And at Walt Disney World Resort a group of cast members gathered for a pep rally to honor the VoluntEAR of the Year and VoluntEAR Team of the Year, and to gear up for a month’s worth of VoluntEAR opportunities, happening each day in May. Here, cast members and Walt Disney World leaders share the excitement of what it means to be a VoluntEAR, and how important (and fun) it is to give back.
Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Disney VoluntEARS at Disney Parks by Thomas Smith: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9