What’s New This Week?
Walt Disney World Theme Parks
Magic Kingdom Park
New! Changes to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: Beginning May 10, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom Park will introduce an updated Castle Package that will now include a unique keepsake Disney Princess necklace. The following prices will also take effect for packages on that date:
- The Castle Package – $199.95 plus tax
- The Courtyard Package – $99.95 plus tax
- The Crown Package – $59.95 plus tax (no change)
- The Knight Package – $19.95 plus tax (no change)
Disney PhotoPass Photographers will continue to photograph Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique transformations, and Guests can purchase prints as an add-on to any package for $34.95 plus tax, which includes one (1) 6” x 8” photo and four (4) 4” x 6” photos in a special photo holder. Guests may also view and order photos through MyDisneyPhotoPass.com or the My Disney Experience mobile app. Prints will no longer be included in the Castle Package beginning on May 10.
New! Magic Kingdom is Available as a Disney Weddings Location: East Plaza Garden is the newest addition to the list of available venues for your Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. A ceremony here gives brides and grooms a real life fairy tale. Nestled in the heart of Magic Kingdom Park with a picture perfect view of iconic Cinderella Castle, East Plaza Garden is a lush venue surrounded by topiaries and charming fountains. Couples can arrive to their ceremony in true fairy tale fashion in Cinderella’s Coach, and wedding parties can arrive in classic turn-of-the-century Main Street Vehicles. It’s truly a venue like no other.
Update! Lunch and Dinner Extended at The Diamond Horseshoe: Magic Kingdom Park guests will continue to have a table-service option for lunch and dinner at The Diamond Horseshoe through July 4. The Diamond Horseshoe is open daily, serving up a hearty, all-you-care-to-enjoy feast for Guests. As a reminder, the meal includes a salad, followed by a platter of flavorful entrees to choose from: barbecue pulled pork, sliced turkey, country smoked sausage or braised beef with all the fixin’s. Dessert is a chocolate brownie topped with a toasted marshmallow. Pricing is $33 plus tax for adults; $19 plus tax for children ages 3-9 years. Reservations are available.
Reminder! Temporary Changes to Parades and Shows: Some Magic Kingdom entertainment offerings will be impacted certain dates throughout spring. The Main Street Trolley Show and Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! will be adjusted May 16, 19, 23, 26 and 31. On these dates and Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! will be presented at 12:30 and 5:40.
New! Alberta Bound Now Performing at Canada Pavilion: A new musical group called Alberta Bound has begun a limited time engagement on The Mill Stage in the Canada pavilion. Alberta Bound features a variety of Canadian music. It’s performances will include traditional fiddle styles from across the country and popular songs from famous Canadian songwriters and artists like Gordon Lightfoot and Shania Twain.
New! Characters on the Move: Beginning Sunday, May 8, Daisy will meet Guests at the Main Entrance and Pluto will meet Guests near the World Showcase Plaza.
Reminder! Characters from Disney•Pixar’s ‘Finding Dory’ have joined ‘Turtle Talk with Crush:’ Everyone’s favorite forgetful blue tang, Dory, and some of her new friends from Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory” now join Crush the sea turtle as he swims up to Epcot’s “human tank.” Guests can meet Destiny the whale shark, Bailey the beluga whale and Hank the “septopus” (that’s a seven-legged octopus, of course!). Crush’s very own mini-man Squirt is also swimming by for the first time, and Guests might even catch a glimpse of Nemo and his dad Marlin.
Reminder! 2016 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Under Way: From March 2-May 30, take time to stop and smell the flowers at Epcot – and while you’re here, try delicious fresh foods, rock out with classic bands and dig in to all that the Flower & Garden Festival has to offer! With new topiaries, Outdoor Kitchens, experiences for kids and more, there’s always something to discover. Upcoming Garden Rocks concerts include:
- May 13-15 – NEW! Darlene Love “Wait ‘Til My Bobby Gets Home”
- May 20-22 – Night Ranger “Sister Christian”
- May 27-30 (Monday) – The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
New! Cheshire Cat specialty cupcakes Now Available: A new devilishly good pink lemonade Cheshire Cat specialty cupcake with buttercream frosting is now available at the following locations: Backlot Express, Fairfax Fare, Rosie’s All-American Café, Starring Rolls Café, and Trolley Car Café. This cupcake is included in the Disney Dining Plan, and will be available through June 16.
New! The BB-8 Sipper is Back: The previously sold out BB-8 sipper is again available at Backlot Express, Animation popcorn cart, Hollywood popcorn cart and Great Movie Ride popcorn cart.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Reminder! The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” Show Debuts Memorial Day Weekend – For the summer, Discovery River will become the stage for a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film “The Jungle Book.” “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” is filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence. Note: This show is taking place where Rivers of Light was scheduled to debut.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
New! Bus Stop Closed at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel: The bus stop at the Walt Disney World Dolphin hotel will be closed May 15 through mid-September due to construction. During this time, Guests at this hotel should use the bus stop at the Walt Disney World Swan hotel.
Walt Disney World Resort – General
Reminder! New Food Options Coming to Disney Springs May 15:
- D-Luxe Burger: Grab a classic cheeseburger or go for something indulgent like the El Diablo Burger with chorizo, fried banana peppers, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and chipotle mayo. There’s a veggie burger too. Plus gelato shakes, fresh-cut fries and more from the Disney chefs.
- Amorette’s Patisserie: Classic and contemporary cakes and pastries are the stars in this high-end pastry shop where guests can watch pastry chefs decorate signature cakes in the on-stage finishing kitchen. From a classic macaron or crisp, light pavlova to the ultimate chocolate-chocolate chunk cookie, Amorette’s is a dessert lover’s dream come true.
- The Daily Poutine: This kiosk brings the Canadian classic to guests with four varieties of toppings on hot, crispy French fries: Classic, with beef poutine gravy and Cheddar Cheese curds; Latin with fried yucca, black beans, pulled pork and queso fresco; Italian with bocconcino mozzarella and Bolognese sauce, and French with mushroom cream sauce and Gruyere cheese. Pair them with a lemonade, draft beer, sangria or fountain sodas.
- B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co.: A kiosk with artisan sausages by Disney chefs – the Three Little Pigs with a Reuben dog, black bean salsa and chili cheese; Portuguese Sausage with pickled vegetable slaw and chili mustard; Sweet Hot Sausage with peppers, onions and marinara; Bavarian Sausage Sandwich with a mini-meterwurst, braised red cabbage and spicy brown mustard on a pretzel roll, and Italian Veggie Sausage with peppers, onions and marinara. Add a draft beer or fountain soda.
- YeSake: At this unique kiosk, try a Sake Cosmo Freeze or Sake Bourbon Slush among other offerings. Global eats range from the Great Wall with Chinese-style pulled pork to a Sombrero with ground beef, pico de gallo, guacamole, cheese and corn chips. Cold beer too.
- Morimoto Asia Street Food: A new walk-up window on the patio offers sushi, donburi rice bowls and bao tacos, plus snacks: such as takoyaki (octopus, nori, okomiyaki sauce), Morimoto sticky ribs, curry rice croquettes, pork egg rolls and taiyaki (snapper-shaped pancake filled with sweet adzuki red bean paste). Also on the menu: popping boba tea and an assortment of Asian-influenced beers and beverages.
- Sprinkles: Look for handcrafted cupcakes, slow-churned ice cream and homemade cookies at Sprinkles, dubbed the first cupcake bakery by the Food Network. Options include vegan, gluten free and sugar free, and seasonal flavors.
- Two favorites are still there: They’re not missing, they just moved to new spots — Wetzel’s Pretzel’s and Haagen Dazs ice cream are now located across from Orlando Harley-Davidson on the West Side.
New! Disney Springs Welcomes Two New Retail Kiosks: Savannah Bee Company will feature a variety of specialty and everyday honey as well as all-natural body care products ranging from body wash and lotion to lip balm and body butter. The company’s mission is to provide pure, delicious honey and luxurious honeybee products to consumers while educating them about the wonders of the hive. When it opens on May 15th, it will be the only Savannah Bee retail location in the state of Florida.
Filthy Rich, also opening May 15, will showcase celebrity-inspired jewelry at far-less-than-Beverly-Hills prices. The location specializes in authentic replicas of iconic jewelry and accessories worn by past legends of the silver screen and current celebrity style icons.
Reminder! Town Center Opens May 15: The debut of Town Center, the newest Disney Springs neighborhood happens on May 15! New retail shops in this area will begin opening their doors on May 15th. During the last several months, many new retailers have been announced; this is the latest list, in alphabetical order: ALEX AND ANI • American Threads • Anthropologie • Coca-Cola Store • Columbia Sportswear • Edward Beiner • Everything But Water • francesca’s • Free People • JOHNNY WAS • Johnston & Murphy • kate spade new york • Kipling • LACOSTE • Lilly Pulitzer • L’Occitane En Provence • Lucky Brand • Luxury of Time by Diamonds International • M·A·C Cosmetics • Melissa Shoes • Na Hoku • Oakley • PANDORA • Sephora • Shore • Sperry • Tommy Bahama • TROPHY ROOM • UGG • Under Armour • UNIQLO • UNOde50 • Vince Camuto • Vera Bradley • Volcom • Zara. By July 1, 2016, the majority of these new venues will be open to guests.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Be among the first to add the out-of-this-world hand-painted, limited-edition Ink & Paint cel Stitch Escapes to your collection! Take advantage of a special pre-purchase opportunity from May 9 through June 23 at 5 p.m. EST by visiting www.disneyurl.com/CelPreOrder. You can also look for the cel in stores and meet the Ink & Paint artists as part of a special signing June 25 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Stage 1 Company Store.
May 5 – 22: Representatives from Precious Moments dolls will be on hand this month as they showcase, you guessed it, fan favorite dolls from the collection. In addition to your favorite classics, this month Precious Moments will showcase its new Mother’s Day “Cherish” collection. Find them throughout the day, each day at Marketplace Fun Finds in Disney Springs Marketplace. Tip: Doll Designer Linda Rick will be on hand for special appearances May 20 – 22.
May 11 – 15: Artist Greg McCullough returns to Art of Disney in Disney Springs Marketplace with special appearances and signings from 1 – 8 p.m., each day.
Continue to grow your collection at the 2016 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival now through May 30! This year’s artisan showcases at the Pergolas include Boiled Books, Growmanji, Elemental Nursery, EyeCatchers, Haf2Paint, Just Plumerias, Noah’s Ark Topiaries, Petal Pushers, Rinse Bath & Body Inc., and Swaying in the Breeze. Tip: Noah’s Ark Topiaries will take part in live demonstrations May 14, 28 – 29 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., each day.
May 12 – 15 and May 26 – 30: Meet renowned international artist Larry Dotson from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., each day at Art of Disney and add some of his latest pieces to your collection.
May 13 – 15 and May 27 – 29: Stop in and check out the latest Yardley fragrance and beauty products and meet representatives from Noon – 7 p.m., each day at The Queen’s Table in the United Kingdom Pavilion at World Showcase.
Disney’s Grand Floridian
Find the perfect gift for the one you love with Sophia Fiori diamonds! Join us now through May 14 for special jewelry showcases taking place daily at Summer Lace located in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Closures and Refurbishments
Click here to view the latest renovations and closures at Walt Disney World Resort.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
- Disney Cruise Vacation Tips: Navigating Your First Cruise - May 17, 2018
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Discount: Save Up To 40% Off - May 3, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9