What’s New This Week?
Walt Disney World Theme Parks
Magic Kingdom Park
New! PinQuest Scavenger Hunt for Limited Release Pins: A new Disney pin trading scavenger hunt debuted in Magic Kingdom Park on June 30. Featuring Steampunk-inspired artwork, this Disney PinQuest starts with a purchase of an adventure kit, which contains a lanyard to showcase your pins; a decoder medal for use with PinQuest pins; and a lanyard pouch to hold the map included in the adventure kit. The lanyard pouch also holds PinQuest clue cards which are sold separately.
There are six different PinQuest clue cards. Each clue card has a question that needs answered and shared with a NavigatEAR Cast Member in a particular location. Once solved, you can redeem the clue card for a PinQuest pin using the perforated ticket on the bottom of the clue card. Continue the hunt by using the decoder medal from the adventure kit. Line up the arrows for each pin to determine your next destination within Magic Kingdom Park. After purchasing all six clue cards and receiving stamps and pins from each location, guests who have completed the entire Magic Kingdom PinQuest are eligible to purchase a QuestEAR pin completer pin.
Update! Diamond Horseshoe Open for Lunch and Dinner through Sept 10: Magic Kingdom Park guests will continue to have a table-service option for lunch and dinner at The Diamond Horseshoe through September 10. The Diamond Horseshoe is open daily, serving up a hearty, all-you-care-to-enjoy feast for Guests. As a reminder, the meal includes a salad, followed by a platter of flavorful entrees to choose from: barbecue pulled pork, sliced turkey, country smoked sausage or braised beef with all the fixin’s. Dessert is a chocolate brownie topped with a toasted marshmallow. Pricing is $33 plus tax for adults; $19 plus tax for children ages 3-9 years. Reservations are available.
New! Taste Track Reopened With New Menu: Open daily from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m., Taste Track offers sweet treats in addition to a variety of soft drinks and hard sodas. This kiosk offers the following menu options:
- Hot Fudge Sundae- Choice of vanilla, chocolate or swirl ice cream with hot fudge and choice of toppings rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, or waffle cone pieces
- Caramel sundae – Choice of vanilla, chocolate or swirl ice cream with caramel and choice of toppings rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, or waffle cone pieces
- Ice cream cookie sandwich – Choice of vanilla chocolate or swirl ice cream
- Soft serve ice cream – Choice of vanilla, chocolate or swirl served in a waffle cone
- Ice Cream Float – Barq’s Root Beer, Coke, or Diet coke with choice of ice cream
- Not Your Father’s Hard Root Beer Float – Not your Father’s Hard Root Beer with choice of ice cream
- Henry’s Hard Orange Soda Float – Henry’s Hard Orange Soda with choice of ice cream
New! 2016 Candlelight Processional Dining Packages Now On Sale: As a part of Holidays Around the World at Epcot, the Candlelight Processional presents the story of Christmas in truly spectacular fashion – with a celebrity narrator, a 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir. Celebrity narrators this year include some returning favorites like contemporary Christian music singer Steven Curtis Chapman, actors Whoopi Goldberg and Neil Patrick Harris and newcomers like legendary baseball player Cal Ripken, Jr. Here’s the list that’s been announced so far:
- 11/25-27 – Steven Curtis Chapman
- 11/28-12/1 – Neil Patrick Harris
- 12/2-12/3 – Whoopi Goldberg
- 12/4-12/12 – TBA
- 12/13-12/15 – Meredith Vieira
- 12/16-12/18 – TBA
- 12/19-12/21 – Joe Morton
- 12/22-12/27 – TBA
- 12/28-12/30 – Cal Ripken, Jr.
The processional is performed three times per night (5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m.) during the holiday season at the American Gardens Theatre. The Candlelight Processional Dinner packages, available on select nights, include a delicious meal and a guaranteed seat for one of the Candlelight Processional performances. Availability is limited. This year, in addition to lunch and dinner packages, breakfast options are available at some favorite Epcot restaurants like Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and Garden Grill. Breakfast, lunch and dinner options are also available this year at Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, with breakfast and dinner options being offered at Trattoria Al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk.
Reminder! Sounds Like Summer Concert Series Started June 5: Enjoy another rocking rendezvous—the fun takes place at America Gardens Theatre with the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series. Featuring renditions of songs from Boston and the Eagles to covers of classics by Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen and the Bee Gees, Sounds Like Summer is a cover-band blast from the past that’s fun for the whole family. The summer concerts for the upcoming week include:
- July 10-16: Bruce in the USA – A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen
- July 17-23: DSB – A Tribute to Journey
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Reminder! Sneak Peek of “Pete’s Dragon” Now Playing: For a limited time starting July 1, a sneak peek of Disney’s reimagined classic “Pete’s Dragon” will be presented as part of the One Man’s Dream attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
New! Tiffins Offering a Small Plate Lunch Menu: A new lunch menu featuring a smaller portions of Tiffins’ most popular dishes debuted at the restaurant on Sunday, July 3. From 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. each day, Guests will have the option of pairing two options from the menu along with a Jade rice blend for just $28 per person, plus tax and gratuity. The Taste of Tiffins lunch menu, the options allow Guests to select from the following ten dishes: flash-fried blue mussels, black-eyed pea fritters, crispy Yellowtail Snapper, sustainable fish crudo, 72-hour beef short rib, salad of roasted baby beets, market vegetable curry, marinated grilled octopus, Chermoula-rubbed chicken, or the masa and pulled pork tamale. Guests are also able to order from the existing all-day menu.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
New! Disney Countdown to Midnight – A New Year’s Eve Celebration at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Disney Countdown to Midnight – A New Year’s Eve Celebration at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is returning to ring in 2017 with even more excitement than last year. During this extraordinary event beginning at 8 p.m. at the resort hotel’s Convention Center, partygoers will experience the past, present and future in a myriad of magical ways. The event will boast a variety of entertainment offerings, kicking off with groovy dance music spanning from the ’60s to today. Other musical acts such as Alter Ego will perform their extravagant music and dance-filled revue, as well as a unique musical act that will put a retro twist on songs of today. The culinary experience will feature best-of-the-best bites and wine pairings from California Grill, Flying Fish, Cítricos and Narcoossee’s. Guests will have the opportunity to view Magic Kingdom’s New Year’s Eve “Fantasy in the Sky fireworks Spectacular. Tickets will be $225 (including tax and gratuity) and can be purchased at Disneyworld.com/countdown or by calling 407-WDW-DINE beginning July 4.
Walt Disney World Resort – General
New! Additional Disney Springs Locations Now Open: The following locations are now open in Town Center:
- Sugarboo & Co. is a dealer in whimsy and fine fanciful goods, from uplifting art prints to charming home goods and whimsical paper products.
- Columbia Sportswear offers innovative apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment for outdoor and fishing enthusiasts, including the Performance Fishing Gear collection designed with industry-leading technologies.
- Shore is a fashionable American lifestyle brand featuring swimwear, fitness wear and everyday comfort clothing, with a selection of exclusive apparel only available at Disney Springs.
- Superdry features clothing with designs that fuse vintage Americana and Japanese-inspired graphics with a British style, offering products from outerwear and knitwear to leather goods and leisurewear.
- Coca-Cola Store Orlando features a wide variety of Coca-Cola merchandise and a rooftop beverage bar. Guests can choose from several Coca-Cola brands from around the world, frozen beverages and over 100 drink choices via Coca-Cola Freestyle. A selection of specialty adult beverages are available in the evenings beginning July 8.
New! New Colors from Vera Bradley Blooming at Disney Parks in Summer 2016: Two new Vera Bradley colors are coming to Disney Parks this summer. In July, guests will find the Mickey’s Magical Blooms collection. This signature quilted cotton assortment includes a Campus Backpack, Mini Hipster and Front Zip Wallet, Zip ID Case, Medium Zip Cosmetic Bag, Triple Zip Hipster, Vera Bag and Large Duffel.
In August, Vera Bradley is releasing the lightweight Lighten Up Collection made of durable and water-resistant 560D polyester. The Lighten Up Collection will include Vera Bradley’s best-selling styles including the Lighten Up Lunch Cooler, Lighten Up Travel Organizer, Lighten Up Expandable Tote, Lighten Up Grande Backpack and Lighten Up Expandable Travel Bag.
New! ‘Words Are Powerful’ Bangles from ALEX AND ANI: ALEX AND ANI recently introduced new “Words Are Powerful” color infusion bangles inspired by Disney sayings and attributes of some of our most beloved characters. On July 18, they will continue the release of these amazing new pieces. From Elsa is a reminder to let it go and “Be True To Yourself.” Depicted on an icy blue colored charm, her iconic silhouette is framed by frozen fractals. The other uplifting bangle encourages you to “think happy thoughts,” highlighting everyone’s favorite spirited pixie, Tinker Bell! Each of these bangles costs $44.95 plus tax and will be available in both Shiny Gold and Shiny Silver finishes. They will be available online, on the Shop Disney Parks app via Shop iOS or Shop Android, and in stores at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
Reminder! Refillable Popcorn Buckets Offered: Between June 26 and September 1, Walt Disney World locations are offering a souvenir popcorn bucket that may be refilled throughout the day at the Walt Disney World Resort. Guests may purchase the bucket for $10 with refills available for $1.50 each. This offering is available in Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs and ESPN Wide World of Sports. The refill will be sold at all popcorn carts, but refillable buckets may only be available at select carts.
July 12 – 15: Fragrance designer Geir Ness will be on hand for special appearances as he showcases the latest from his Laila fragrance and beauty collection. Meet Geir from Noon – 6 p.m., each day, at Puffin’s Roost in the Norway Pavilion.
July 13 – 16: As you travel around World Showcase, be sure to make a quick stop at La Signature in the France Pavilion where you’ll find the latest releases in fragrances and cosmetics from Guerlain.
Closures and Refurbishments
Click here to view the latest renovations and closures at Walt Disney World Resort.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year - December 18, 2018
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9