January 31, 2017
Walt Disney World Theme Parks
Magic Kingdom Park
Reminder! Disney After Hours Events Are Back: Disney After Hours, a special, ticketed event at Magic Kingdom Park, takes place on select nights throughout January, February, and March. The first event took place Friday, Jan. 20. This special, ticketed event at Magic Kingdom Park enables Guests to maximize their time in the park with little to no wait for popular attractions and character greetings. Popcorn, ice cream novelties, and bottled beverages are also included at no extra charge during the three-hour event. Admission to Disney After Hours can be purchased for $119 per adult or child (tax not included) and $89 per Annual Passholder / Disney Vacation Member adult or child (tax not included). Event Dates are Jan. 20 and 27… 9 p.m.-12 a.m.; Feb. 2, 9 and 16… 8-11 p.m.; March 2 and 9… 9 p.m. -12 a.m.
New! Storytelling Totem Poles at Epcot’s Canada Pavilion: Two new totem poles were recently installed at the Canada Pavilion at Epcot. Carved by Tsimshian artisan David Boxley, who previously created a totem pole for the pavilion’s Trading Post in the 1990s, the two new additions each have a unique story to tell. The Eagle Totem Pole tells one of Boxley’s favorite cultural tales, in which a boy finds an eagle caught in a net on a beach and frees it. Years later, when hunger strikes the boy’s tribe, he walks on the same beach, only to find the eagle there waiting for him with food – paying him back for his kindness years ago. The bottom of this totem pole also tells the story of how a family of beaver taught a human family the importance of treating all creatures – human and animal – with respect. The Whale Totem Pole depicts the tale of the first potlatch, a ceremonial feast celebrated by the Nagunaks and creatures of the undersea world.Reminder! Inaugural Epcot International Festival of the Arts Under Way: Running each Friday-Monday through Feb.
20, this celebration of the visual, performing and culinary arts is a global masterpiece! Here are some Festival highlights:
- Odyssey Festival Showplace, open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. each weekend, will feature inventive food, beverages, gallery exhibits, merchandise and interactive Guest experiences. Daily seminars will give Guests the opportunity to learn from speakers of various artistic applications who will offer helpful hints, tricks of the trade and the opportunity to understand the basics of their art.
- Food Studios located around World Showcase will offer culinary creations cooked up by our own Disney chefs. From abstract and de-constructed masterpieces to edible cookie artist palettes, these art-inspired offerings are a treat for the eye and the palate.
- Interactive visual fun throughout World Showcase includes immersive photo stops where Guests can strike a pose in some of the world’s most famous paintings and chalk artists creating masterpieces before your eyes. Guests can explore art galleries throughout six of World Showcase’s pavilions or join in Figment’s Brush with the Masters, an artful scavenger hunt for the whole family.
- Disney on Broadway stars will take center stage at America Gardens Theatre for three shows each night of the festival. Different pairings of phenomenal Broadway artists will perform songs from some of Disney on Broadway’s award-winning shows.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Reminder! Star Wars: Galactic Nights Special Event: Star Wars: Galactic Nights, a new Hollywood-inspired special event will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on April 14. Come dressed as your favorite character and celebrate forty years of Star Wars milestones. Park access and activities will be limited to Star Wars: Galactic Nights event ticket holders only. Event Details:
- Rebel Base Activities – The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub with multiple events, hosted shows, Star Wars dance parties and more taking place in the center of the park.
- Watch “Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show” – Catch a celebrity chat show in Epic Theater to learn more about the making of Star Wars films.
- Can’t miss Star Wars photo ops – Don your Star Wars finest (see costume guidelines) and enjoy iconic Star
Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – This procession will welcome in Star Wars celebrities down Hollywood Blvd.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Get your cameras ready for the arrival of the dark side. Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt – Event Guests are challenged to collect Star Wars themed pieces at the photo backdrops throughout the park, revealing a surprise when all items have been collected.
- “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away“ – Watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
- “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night.
Other popular attractions will be open, including Star Wars Launch Bay. Additional offerings will include the chance to experience Star Tours-The Adventures Continue attraction, AWR Trooper sightings, roaming droids, Star Wars-themed F&B, special merchandise and much more. The event will be held at the park from 7 p.m.-midnight. The Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket costs $129 plus tax for adults and $124 plus tax for children ages 9 and under. Tickets are extremely limited.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Reminder! Kali River Rapids Unavailable Through Mid-February: Kali River Rapids will be temporarily unavailable due to refurbishment Jan. 3 through mid-February.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
New! Siestas Cantina and Las Ventanas Hours Changes at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort: From Jan. 23–Feb. 25, Siestas Cantina will be open for lunch and dinner from 10:30 a.m.–8 p.m. From Jan. 29–Feb. 25, Las Ventanas will be open for breakfast and lunch from 7–10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.–2 p.m. Dinner service will not be available.
Reminder! ‘Brunch With a Twist’ Feb. 11 at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: “Brunch With a Twist” debuted as part of the 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, and now the popular Saturday event is back – at noon Feb.
11, hosted by Cítricos and featuring the award-winning chefs at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. At this event,
Guests join some of Disney’s top chefs for the five-star, five-course brunch created by chefs representing Victoria & Albert’s, Cítricos, Narcoossee’s, Grand Floridian Cafe and the Grand Floridian Bakery. Cost is $169 plus tax (gratuity and valet included). For reservations and to pre-pay, call 407-939-3463. Next Brunch With a Twist (with another fabulous menu) is already on the calendar for noon May 6.
Walt Disney World Resort – Merchandise
New! Valentine’s Day Inspired Gifts: Valentine’s Day is less than a month away! It’s time to shop for some loveinspiring products from merchandise locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, the Shop Disney Parks app and on the Disney Parks online store. Take a look at these heart-shaped charms by PANDORA Jewelry crafted in sterling silver with cubic zirconia detailing while featuring Mickey and Minnie icons on either side of the heart charms.This year, there is a limited edition Valentine’s Day pin featuring Shorty from Disney’s “Tangled.” This pin will be released on January 26 with an edition size of 5,000. Other romantic pins include open edition pins inspired by Disney-Pixar’s “Up” and the short film, “Lava.”
Couples celebrating the upcoming holiday together will find several companion tees. Look for the popular “I’ll Be Your
Mickey” and “I’ll Be Your Minnie” designs along with shirts inspired by Mr. and Mrs. Incredible from Disney-Pixar’s “The
Incredibles.”Perpetual sweethearts, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, can be found on many items include a handbag from the Disney Boutique collection, novelty socks, a collectible figurine and a new Valentine’s Day set from ALEX AND ANI. Love-themed coffee mugs or D-Tech on Demand phone cases also make great gifts! Last but not least, at Walt Disney World Resort, you can find a limited edition retail MagicBand 2 with an iconic scene from Walt Disney’s “Lady and Tramp.” The MagicBand has an edition size of 2,500.
to view the latest renovations and closures at Walt Disney World Resort.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts brings first upscale resort to Cocoa Beach - July 13, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9