February 6, 2017
Walt Disney World Theme Parks
Magic Kingdom Park
New! New Popcorn Flavor Available: Be sure to check out the newest flavor of popcorn – Maple. This new flavor is available only at the Frontierland Popcorn Cart.
New! Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café Refurbishments: A number of enhancements are happening at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. The restaurant will remain open throughout construction work. Currently, the Guest restrooms inside of the restaurant are closed while they are being remodeled and expanded. Additionally, construction has started around the exterior of the building which will add more covered seating areas in phases. Completion of work on these areas is expected later this spring.
Reminder! Inaugural Epcot International Festival of the Arts Under Way: Running each Friday-Monday through Feb. 20, this celebration of the visual, performing and culinary arts is a global masterpiece! Here are some Festival highlights:
- Odyssey Festival Showplace, open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. each weekend, will feature inventive food, beverages, gallery exhibits, merchandise and interactive Guest experiences. Daily seminars will give Guests the opportunity to learn from speakers of various artistic applications who will offer helpful hints, tricks of the trade and the opportunity to understand the basics of their art.
- Food Studios located around World Showcase will offer culinary creations cooked up by our own Disney chefs. From abstract and de-constructed masterpieces to edible cookie artist palettes, these art-inspired offerings are a treat for the eye and the palate.
- Interactive visual fun throughout World Showcase includes immersive photo stops where Guests can strike a pose in some of the world’s most famous paintings and chalk artists creating masterpieces before your eyes. Guests can explore art galleries throughout six of World Showcase’s pavilions or join in Figment’s Brush with the Masters, an artful scavenger hunt for the whole family.
- Disney on Broadway stars will take center stage at America Gardens Theatre for three shows each night of the festival. Different pairings of phenomenal Broadway artists will perform songs from some of Disney on Broadway’s award-winning shows.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
New! Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine to Offer Lunch and Dinner: Minnie Mouse loves to gather all of her friends for special parties to celebrate the seasons at Hollywood & Vine restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Beginning May 14, Guests will be able to enjoy Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine for both lunch and dinner!
Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine will continue to feature Disney Junior Play ‘n’ Dine, favorite Disney Junior pals Jake, Sofia, Doc McStuffins and Handy Manny. Booking is now open. To make a reservation, call (407) WDW-DINE or visit Disneyworld.com.
New! Live-action Beauty and the Beast Sneak Preview Now Showing: From Feb. 10-March 26, Guests visiting One Man’s Dream will be able to preview a scene from the live-action adaption of “Beauty and the Beast, and see two props used in the production of the film – Belle’s iconic yellow ballroom dress and the magical rose protected within its bell jar. Beauty and the Beast” will be released to U.S. theaters in 3D on March 17.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Reminder! ‘The View’ is Coming to Walt Disney World: The View co-hosts (Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sara
Haines, Jedediah Bila, Sunny Hostin and Paula Faris) recently announced they are going to Walt Disney World Resort in March to broadcast the show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The Tree of Life will be the magical setting for the show’s first time broadcasting from Walt Disney World Resort.
New! Planet Hollywood Observatory Now Open: Planet Hollywood Observatory has opened its flagship location in the heart of Disney Springs, transforming its iconic globe into a four-story stargazing observatory with new spaces including an outdoor terrace, a new menu and an exciting new look and feel. Classic Planet Hollywood dishes are on the new menu, as well as a selection of over-the-top burgers and sandwiches by celebrity Chef Guy Fieri. Desserts are a hallmark of the restaurant, like the hand-dipped milkshakes and generous sweets made for sharing. Classic Planet Hollywood dishes are on the new menu, as well as a selection of over-the-top burgers and sandwiches by celebrity Chef Guy Fieri. Desserts are a hallmark of the restaurant, like the hand-dipped milkshakes and generous sweets made for sharing.
New! Paddlefish Now Open: Paddlefish, a seafood-centric restaurant formerly known as Fulton’s Crab House reopened on Feb. 4 in The Landing at Disney Springs. Guests are welcomed aboard the iconic riverboat structure, which has been transformed into a contemporary interpretation of an elegant steamboat that features modern yacht touches from stem to stern. Paddlefish will be open daily for lunch and dinner, as well as Sunday brunch.
New! Personal Shopping Now Available: You can now book personalized, one-on-one fashion consultation at Disney Springs with distinguished fashion advisor and celebrity stylist Melanie Pace. Personal shopping sessions are $250/hour and include:
- One-on-one consultation or small group experiences
- Fashion recommendations to suit your unique style for everyday wear or special occasions
- Beauty advice including makeup and skincare tips
- Special access to Disney Springs retailers
Book online at melaniepace.com or call 321-377-1337 and ask for a Disney Springs Style Session. Appointments are first come, first-served during normal Disney Springs operating hours.
New! DisneyQuest at Disney Springs to Close July 3: A new experience is coming to the West Side Neighborhood, The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort. It has been announced that to make way for this basketball-themed experience, the West Side area will be undergoing changes – beginning with the closure of DisneyQuest on July 3, 2017. Until July 3, DisneyQuest will continue to offer an interactive experience for all guests. The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort will be a one-of-a-kind basketball-themed experience featuring hands-on activities that put guests of all ages right in the middle of NBA game action. There will be immersive NBA video productions and numerous interactive experiences, as well as a restaurant and a retail store.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
New! More Dates for Highway in the Sky Dine Around: Additional dates have been added for the popular Highway in the Sky Dine-Around, a progressive dinner featuring five courses at different stops along the monorail at Walt Disney World Resort! Dates are now open, every Tuesday-Saturday through March 11. Reservations can be made by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dining.
New! Character Breakfast to Debut at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk: An all-new character dining experience will debut this spring at Disney’s BoardWalk, with appearances by adventurous royal couples from beloved Disney films! This experience will include a delicious breakfast and features popular characters from favorite Disney stories like “Tangled” or “The Little Mermaid. This unique, new character breakfast is slated to begin in late spring.
Walt Disney World Resort – Merchandise Closures and Refurbishments
Click here to view the latest renovations and closures at Walt Disney World Resort.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year - December 18, 2018
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9