What’s New This Week?
Walt Disney World Theme Parks
Magic Kingdom Park
Reminder! Lunch and Dinner Extended at The Diamond Horseshoe: Magic Kingdom Park guests will continue to have a table-service option for lunch and dinner at The Diamond Horseshoe through July 4. The Diamond Horseshoe is open daily, serving up a hearty, all-you-care-to-enjoy feast for Guests. As a reminder, the meal includes a salad, followed by a platter of flavorful entrees to choose from: barbecue pulled pork, sliced turkey, country smoked sausage or braised beef with all the fixin’s. Dessert is a chocolate brownie topped with a toasted marshmallow. Pricing is $33 plus tax for adults; $19 plus tax for children ages 3-9 years. Reservations are available.
Reminder! Temporary Changes to Parades and Shows: Some Magic Kingdom entertainment offerings will be impacted certain dates throughout spring. The Main Street Trolley Show and Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! will be adjusted May 16, 19, 23, 26 and 31. On these dates and Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! will be presented at 12:30 and 5:40.
New! 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival News: The 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will open on Sept. 14 and continue a record 62 days, through Nov. 14. Look for new hands-on experiences with chefs, bakers, and mixologists in the Festival Center, and a new cooking school (details to come). Celebrity chefs are back, already on this year’s roster are Jamie Deen, “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, Masaharu Morimoto, Elizabeth Faulkner, Norman Van Aken and Cat Cora.
Reminder! 2016 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Has Only Two Weeks Left: From March 2-May 30, take time to stop and smell the flowers at Epcot – and while you’re here, try delicious fresh foods, rock out with classic bands and dig into all that the Flower & Garden Festival has to offer! With new topiaries, Outdoor Kitchens, experiences for kids and more, there’s always something to discover. Upcoming Garden Rocks concerts include:
- May 20-22 – Night Ranger “Sister Christian”
- May 27-30 (Monday) – The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
New! Echo Lake Eats Opens May 20: Three additional food and beverage offerings are coming to the Echo Lake area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios this weekend. Echo Lake Eats will be available for a limited time this summer. Guests will be able to choose from Hollywood Waffles of Fame, serving sandwiches – with one on a waffle; Bocados del Lago Nachos y Empanadas, serving nachos and empanadas; and Sliders to the Stars, serving BBQ and brisket sliders.
Reminder! Cheshire Cat Specialty Cupcakes Now Available: A new devilishly good pink lemonade Cheshire Cat specialty cupcake with buttercream frosting is now available at the following locations: Backlot Express, Fairfax Fare, Rosie’s All-American Café, Starring Rolls Café, and Trolley Car Café. This cupcake is included in the Disney Dining Plan, and will be available through June 16.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
New! New Entertainment Details Announced for Summer: Among the new entertainment experiences debuting Memorial Day weekend at will be the . This safari after-party fills Harambe, from its stunningly beautiful theatre district to its bustling marketplace, with the sights and sounds of outstanding local street musicians and entertainers. As you explore the town, street musicians and performers seem to be around every corner!
- The local soccer team, Harambe Meerkats, cut through the village rallying anyone in sight for the big game of the day, entertaining with comic meerkat-inspired soccer moves, skillful acrobatic teamwork and dancing feet.
- Kora Tinga Tinga strolls along, serenading visitors to the town with the traditional music of the kora, a hand crafted African harp.
- Look for Muziki in Harambe’s drum circle, where this delightful stilt-walking music man invites children to join him as he plays on his own instruments, dances and makes them official drummers of the day.
- The three Karibu Sisters add to the rhythm of the Harambe Marketplace, where they set up their wares and engage passersby through storytelling, elegant dance, a cappella songs and acoustic renditions of African party music.
- The Harambe Village Acrobats are a troupe of skilled performers who push the adrenaline of the Wildlife Parti to a high point with their drumming, dancing, tumbling and climbing into man-made pyramids and spinning, falling towers.
- With music, dance and an ever-changing landscape of things to see and do, the Harambe Wildlife Parti offers the excitement of an African village filled with non-stop, wildly fun surprises and delights!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
New! Ample Hills Creamery Now Open at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort: Guests can now enjoy Ample Hills Creamery on the Boardwalk at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort. Ample Hills Creamery is a whimsical take on the turn-of-the-century ice cream parlor. The colorful shop features signature ice cream flavors from the Brooklyn-based Ample Hills Creamery. Ample Hills will also delight guests with its homespun milkshakes, luxurious sundaes, and six different ice cream cone options, from the classic waffle cone to the adventurous pretzel cone. It is located next to ESPN Club and open 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
New! Flying Fish Changes at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn: Opening is set for late summer for Flying Fish restaurant at Disney’s Boardwalk. “Cafe” has been dropped from the name, but the sophisticated interior will still pay homage to the golden era of seaside boardwalks. Sustainable fish will be the star of the new menu, which is still being developed. The interior features an all-new kitchen and dining room (with expanded space for private dining events), sparkling architectural accents, like golden-winged room panels and a chandelier that mimics a school of flying fish swimming overhead.
New! AbracadaBar Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn: Next door to Flying Fish is the new AbracadaBar lounge. It takes the spot formerly occupied by the candy and ice-cream shop. The new “curious cocktail lounge” combines the Golden Age of Magic with the magic of storytelling. According to the story, the lounge was once a secret stomping ground for famous touring magicians, local boardwalk illusionists and the loveliest magician’s assistants of the day. On one evening, every single magician in the lounge vanished into thin air, never seen again… And after sitting vacant for nearly 70 years, the secret magician’s lounge is now back in the spotlight. AbracadaBar guests will get a special peek into the sophisticated social club, and while it’s rumored that the magicians who frequented the lounge vanished without a trace decades ago, their magic still remains strongly intact, and can be seen, heard, and even savored in the bar’s signature cocktails.
h3>Walt Disney World Resort – General
New! Disney Dollars No Longer For Sale: As of May 14th, Disney Dollars are no longer available for sale. Those which have already been purchased have no expiration dates and will still be accepted as a form of payment at select locations at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, as well as Disney Store locations in the U.S.
New! Disney Springs Town Center Debut: The newest neighborhood at Disney springs, Town Center, opened on May 15th. This area features Spanish-revival style architecture, drawing from a rich history of explorers that landed in Florida centuries ago, and a promenade where guests can relax, refresh and reconnect with each other. Town Center will be home to some of the most recognizable names in retail such as Anthropologie, ZARA, LACOSTE and Lucky Brand, as well as some brands that are new to the Central Florida market, such as UNIQLO, Melissa Shoes and UNOde50. On May 15th, 23 exciting new retail tenants opened their doors in Town Center as well as seven new specialty-dining locations.
New! Lime Parking Garage Now Open at Disney Springs: The Lime Garage, adjacent to World of Disney and Town Center, also opened last weekend. The addition of nearly 2,000 parking spaces will give guests even more options, making the arrival experience easier and more efficient. And just like the Orange Garage, this second structure will use the same smart technology to let guests know where available spots are and will continue to be complimentary!
New! Tenants Announced for Disney Springs: The following new brands were recently announced as coming to Disney Springs and are expected to open locations in Town Center this summer:
- Origins: A high-performance skincare retailer featuring products formulated with certified organic ingredients and 100 percent natural essential oils. The socially-conscious brand employs earth-friendly practices, including a Plant-A-Tree program.
- Sugarboo & Co.: With products featuring creative and whimsical designs, this family-run business offers artful prints, home goods, paper products, accessories and more.
- Superdry: Focusing on clothing with designs that fuse vintage Americana and Japanese-inspired graphics with a British style, Superdry offers a variety of products ranging from outerwear and knitwear to leather goods and leisurewear.
- TUMI: A leading global brand of premium travel, business and lifestyle accessories.
May 5 – 22: Representatives from Precious Moments dolls will be on hand this month as they showcase, you guessed it, fan favorite dolls from the collection. In addition to your favorite classics, this month Precious Moments will showcase its new Mother’s Day “Cherish” collection. Find them throughout the day, each day at in . Tip: Doll Designer Linda Rick will be on hand for special appearances May 20 – 22.
May 21: Meet artist Jasmine Becket-Griffith who will be on hand for a special appearance and signing of some of her newest releases, among other favorites, from 4 – 8 p.m. in at in Disney Springs Marketplace.
May 26 – 30: Meet renowned international artist Larry Dotson from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., each day at Art of Disney and add some of his latest pieces to your collection.
May 27 – 29: Stop in and check out the latest Yardley fragrance and beauty products and meet representatives from Noon – 7 p.m., each day at The Queen’s Table in the United Kingdom Pavilion at World Showcase.
Closures and Refurbishments
Click here to view the latest renovations and closures at Walt Disney World Resort.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year - December 18, 2018
- All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot - September 17, 2018
- 8 Cool Things You Can Do with Your Phone at Walt Disney World - July 25, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9