A Fresh Take on Blue Bayou Menu Debuts Today at Disneyland Park
Blue Bayou fans have some new dishes to try and can revisit classics that have been lovingly tweaked. No worries, the favorites are there, but some delicious creations have been added – like the new sweet potato biscuits that come to the table along with the popular sourdough rolls, perfect with the new herb-crusted rack of lamb.
Every meal at Blue Bayou starts with an appetizer – gumbo or salad. But now you can opt for a shrimp cocktail (for an additional $5.99). “We’re adding lighter dishes with the menu makeover,” says Christine Weissman, executive chef at Disneyland park. And even classics like the jambalaya get a flourish of healthful micro-greens. No worries, the Monte Cristo sandwich is still there, served with fresh fruit, a perfect complement to the rich sandwich. Also back is the braised short rib and Tesoro Island chicken breast, both tweaked just enough to keep the original flavors but bring a freshness to each dish.
Pan-seared salmon is no longer stuffed with cheese, but instead served with rich sweet corn risotto, tangy citrus mousseline and a dollop of salsa verde. The favorite of vegetarians, the portobello mushroom and couscous macque choux, is another keeper.
Look below for more posts about dining at the Disneyland Resort:
- Delicious Ideas for Mother’s Day at the Disneyland Resort
- Top 10 Favorite Cool Drinks at the Disneyland Resort
- Disneyland Resort Chefs Cook Up Tasty Vegetarian Dishes
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Behind the Design: Universal’s Aventura Hotel Guest Rooms - April 9, 2018
- INTRODUCING AN INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS KID-SIZE PACKAGE OFFER - March 21, 2018
- Celebrate an Incredible Summer with WALT DISNEY WORLD Family Vacation Package Discounts - March 21, 2018
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9