10 Fun Facts About Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Summit Plummet, the park’s signature attraction, measures 120 feet tall.
- The park’s storyline described the park as being Florida’s first ski resort – which quickly melted into a fun water park due to the temperature.
- One of the “ski resort” elements that still remains is a chair lift, which takes guests from the beach to the top of Mt. Gushmore.
- The park debuted an original character, Ice Gator, as part of it’s storyline.
- When it comes to speed, guests can slide up to 55 mph on Summit Plummet and 25 mph on the Downhill Double Dipper.
- Teamboat Springs is the world’s longest family raft ride. Up to six can ride per raft.
- Tike’s Peak, an area for young children, features a scaled-down version of Mt. Gushmore.
- Teamboat Springs features a 1,200-foot series of rushing waterfalls.
- One of the park’s more unusual snacks are mini donuts, which are prepared fresh and offered up with chocolate, white chocolate or raspberry dipping sauce.
- In 2012, the park joined 500 host locations to help set the Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Swimming Lesson.
Do you have a special memory of Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park? If so, leave it in the “Comments” section below.
10 Fun Facts About Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park by Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
Sign up for my mailing list and get a FREE eBook
5 Steps to Book your Disney World Vacation9